Saturday, November 8, 2014

Delivering Fairface Washcloths™ to Oprah and Gayle King

Fairface Washcloths and Oprah and Gayle King
This weekend I had the unique and exciting experience of having my Fairface Washcloths™ gift sets delivered to Oprah and Gayle King, while they brought their special The Life You Want message to Seattle. How I wish I could have been able to deliver them in person to thank them for their incredible contributions and hear their inspiring words!

A friend of mine, who is the niece of the makers of Lisette L Pants that Oprah wears and loves, had the rare opportunity to go to the VIP tent where Gayle and Oprah greeted guests, took pictures and socialized with the Seattleites and others who traveled from near and far to attend this event.

My friend was able to hand-deliver these Fairface Washcloths combo cloth gift sets (so they could experience the best of both Fairface Washcloths styles) to Gayle! I feel so privileged for the chance to get products that mean so much to me into the hands of people I admire so much, and am so grateful for a friend willing to go out of her way for me!

Giving your etsy products to celebrities

fairface washcloths, celebrities, branding, product inserts and marketing strategiesPicture your handmade etsy products (& here) in the hands of two of the world's most influential people. No pressure! Ha! Each stitch had to be perfect, but honestly, I do that anyway for all my products because I'm a perfectionist and control freak. In this case that's a good thing, right?

Reviewing Product Packaging

Nothing kicks your buns into gear to do a hard and fast review of your product and its packaging than preparing gifts for celebrities!

I had to ask myself a few questions:
  • Does my packaging clearly portray the brand and its message?
  • Does it describe the product?
  • Does it entice the customer to want to use it?
  • If given as a gift, does it tell the receiver what it is and what's so great about it? 
  • Does it direct customers to your website, & where to find you in social media?

I always figured if someone bought my product, they already knew what it was, so no need to include much more information about it since they already knew what it was! Right? WRONG! (loud buzzer sound)

As I began reviewing my packaging, all at once I thought of it in a different way: What if I was giving my product to someone who had never seen it before? (i.e. gift giving). Oops! Time to regroup.

get your etsy products to celebrities like oprah and gayle king
I created a special product label for Oprah and Gayle because I wanted them to know this was a special package made this just for them, and included updated product inserts with a better description of Fairface skincare Washcloths™ and what makes them special and unique.

This experience, giving these Fairface Washcloths™ Combo Package of 4 gift sets to Oprah and Gayle, not only gave me a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to hand deliver a product (that is my heart and soul), to 2 people I admire and love, but to also give me valuable insight into my marketing and branding efforts.
(P.S. - That's why its important not to spend loads of money on marketing materials as you are growing your product so you can change and evolve as needed without wasting a lot of money on tossing and updating marketing materials.)

I'm so grateful for a friend willing to go out on a limb for me, as well as carry some extra bulk in her purse, to get these packages to Oprah and Gayle this weekend!

Fingers crossed they'll love their new Fairface Washcloths™ as much I and my customers do! Who wouldn't love a soft and soothing skin care facecloth? Hope they will say the same! ♥


celebrity skin care best face cloths and washcloths, soft, gentle, rosacea
Fairface Washcloths™ are an exclusive product of Shannon Sorensen Designs and are available through our website: FairfaceWashcloths.com
& our Fairface Washcloths Etsy Shop

→Find the Combo Package of 4 gift set that Oprah and Gayle King received here

LIKE Fairface Washcloths on Facebook 
FOLLOW Fairface Washcloths on Instagram 
TAG ALONG with Shannon Sorensen Designs on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love hearing this story !!! Yes! They WILL love them!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips