This was a t-shirt refashion I did back in 2010. My, how time flies.
I bought 2 of these cute square neck aqua t-shirts (1 to wear and 1 to cut-up) and 1 spool of coordinating satin ribbon.
Still being a sewing newbee at the time, I didn't have the wherewithal to make my own tutorial. I recall cutting ~1" strips of fabric, and using 1" strips of satin ribbon, ruffling them, pinning them to the shirt, and sewing right over the top of the flowers to secure them.
Flash forward to 2012. As in last weekend. I was rummaging through my piles of "to-be-fixed" & "to-be-refashioned" and was reunited with my BFF. "I have to fix you. You weren't meant to be in a pile of discards."
Enter: extra fabric and a touch of elastic.
I cut a piece of matching neckline, left-over from the extra shirt, threaded a 1" piece of elastic through it, and secured the sides at each inner corner. The extra fabric lifted the neckline, while the elastic helped pull it together so it wouldn't gap, as if it was always meant to be there.
Oh happy day!
NOW she's ready to wear.
Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews