Friday, December 9, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes

This Out of the mouth of babes thing has kind of become a weekend round-up of sorts for me. I try to recount all the funny things the kids say to me at school throughout the week (as an asst. manager of an after-school program); because believe me, there's always something!

First, I have to show you this poster that one of the kids hung up all over the school.


In case you can't read it, it says, "LOST stuffed animal"  speech bubble: "I'm lost help me" with a few descriptions.  And I kid you not, one of the kids asked me if I was taking a picture so I could put it on facebook. All for the love of a stuffed animal.


                                   ............................................................................

And while we're on the subject of animals...
1st grader: I have a real cat fur ball at home
me: I hope it's not a fur ball he coughed up (I know, real classy)
1st grader: Yes, it is. He choked it up, we washed it, and died it pink.
me: (speechless)                            
                                   ............................................................................


Remember the 2nd grade cutie pie who wrote up a list of how to get her 2nd grade hunk?  It seems she has some competition (sitting next to her crush in class). That she plans to eliminate. She even wrote out specific directions.

"Poshun to get Makayla expelled"
Ingridients:
Rosemary, salt, lemon joos, butter, pepper, shuger
Stir."
meWhat are you going to do with your potion?
her: I'm going to sprinkle it on her desk and then when she gets to class, she'll see that her desk disappeared.
me: Then what?
her: I'm going to rub it on her chair so that when she sits on it, she disappears. Wouldn't that be funny? Especially if it was during math algorithms! (hahaha)
me: hahaha (too bad I don't really get the math humor...& I'd better never get on her bad side)

                                 ............................................................................


And one more about my clothes. Why?
2nd grade girl: Ms. Shannon, you're wearing a man's shirt today.
me: No, it's a ladies shirt. (show her the feminine sleeves)
her: Oh, cuz I was going to ask you if you bought it in the men's department.
me: (Dang, does this really look like a man's shirt??)

P.S. My shirt kind of looked like this. I was even wearing a belt with it. I thought I was looking pretty fashionable. I guess I didn't make 2nd graders best dressed.

{image credit} Macys.com
Gotta love these kids! :)


I'm liking up with E Tells Tales. If you have a weekend round-up sort of post, you can enter yours too! She's a clever writer and her blog is always fun to read.


Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I don't think I could stand the critique from a class of kiddos, just my two are bad enough!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips