Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome Summer!

{image credit}
When I was a kid, summer seemed to last forever. That last day of school was the start of something magical. You could feel it in the air.

All at once it began. Sleeping in, swimming for hours, camping, running through the sprinkler, riding bikes, water balloon fights, family trips, and games of kick the can until way after dark. Ah, the carefree days of a childhood summer.

This summer I'm hoping to keep a bit of that childhood whimsy, while getting some of my to-do's done too. I even started a list, which includes a bit of cleaning, biking, painting, sewing, blogging, day tripping, organizing, and many other miscellaneous tasks.


{image credit}

And I'll be honest, it has started out a bit rocky. "Sleep" has officially moved to #1. For the last 2 nights, road work has started at 11pm and ended at 6am. The hills are alive with the sound of....jackhammers and generators. Not exactly the way I pictured my whimsical summer starting.

{However}, I won't let that stop me!


HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE!


{image credit}






Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

1 comment:

  1. what the what?!?!?! nighttime construction!! should be illegal. do you have to sleep with ear plugs? hopefully this construction is short lived. and HELLO summer. we are in the high 90s this week- yikes!!! freddie is coming up again today and we are hitting up the water park. nothing says summer to me like waterparks..my fave!! have a fun summery weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips