Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer fun recap weeks 1-3

As of today, we're 4 weeks in on summer break. Once July 1 hit, man, time starts to roll! Here's a quick peek at what I've been up to since school got out.


day trip from seattle to whidbey island: see beaches and collect shells

I started my summer off with a bang and knocked off one of my new year's resolutions with a free "Learn to play the ukulele" class.

Turns out, my sausage fingers may not be cut out for such a small instrument. I can play the guitar, but the uke's neck is so skinny that my fingers cramp up and overlap on the strings. I could play it with a little practice, but this might be all she wrote for the ukulele. At least I tried!

******************************

Next up? A ferry ride over to Whidbey Island for a relaxing anniversary get-away. It was so fun to take a couple of days to explore ocean beaches and beach side-towns!

Stops included: Coupeville * Ft. Ebey State Park * Point Partridge * Double Bluff Beach 
* Useless Bay * Possession Point * Cultus Bay

Since it was low, low tide (due to the super moon) the beaches were filled with uncovered treasures: shells of all shapes and sizes, tide pools alive with scattering crabs, sea anemones and sand dollars. Pure heaven.


What to do on Whidbey island: visit seaside towns, beaches and collect shells



vacation for shannon sews

Family Time!
My brother, his wife and baby moved to Washington and my other brother, his wife and 2 kids came for a week-long visit. It was so much fun to have them all here!

Part of the time we spent around Seattle, going to Golden Gardens Beach, Pike Place Market, the Gum Wall (yes, we even added our own, eew), and the Great Wheel (I was too chicken to go).

The last half of the week we headed east over the mountains to my parent's country ranch where we played with babies in the front yard pool, competed at corn hole and badminton, and celebrated my husband's birthday (with bananas foster). At the end of the week we wrapped it all up with a small town 4th of July parade.

Good times and great memories!!

seattle must sees: gum wall, pike place market, ferris wheel, waterfront




When I got my eyes dilated I couldn't see the entire day, it was blurry for 6 hours
{Edited from Pinterest}

By week 3, it was time to get back to business. Time to make those appointments I'd been putting off (dentist, eye doc, etc.), run forgotten errands, and sew new items for my etsy shop.

My eye appointment turned out to be quite an adventure. They dilated my eyes so much I couldn't see the entire day. I literally looked like those owl cupcakes. It was insane.

Here's a peek at what I've finished so far, for my shop:

chevron green white pillow cases and baby blankets new on etsy
{SSorensenDesigns.etsy.com}

But this week wasn't all business. We celebrated my nephew's birthday and spent an afternoon at the pool. The weather this summer in Seattle has been divine!! Oh yes, we'll take it!

I don't even want to count how many days are left of summer vacation, but I don't think we've even reached the half-way mark. So I just have one more thing to say:

Dear Target,

Please don't squash our summer dreams by running commercials for school supplies in mid-July. Could you at least hold off until August 1st? Kthxbye.

~Hope you're enjoying your summer!~


Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Follow ShannonSews on Bloglovin
Like facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Tweet @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

1 comment:

  1. Cute post. Girl you've done alot this summer. Love all the ranch and great wheel and beach pics. Good summer fun

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips