Friday, August 31, 2012

Dill Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe: Make your own!

{image: acefitness.org}
Don't put away your summery salads just yet! In fact, this delicious Dill Vinaigrette Dressing is one you can use all year long.

For the longest time I bought pre-bottled salad dressings, even if I didn't love them. I hadn't really even considered making my own dressing, thinking it would call for too many ingredients I didn't have.

Turns out I had all the fixin's for this delicious dill vinaigrette and you might too!
Dill Vinaigrette Dressing

Ingredients

1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, dill weed, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dry mustard and pepper. Shake or blend until all mixed. Put in covered container and refrigerate. Serve chilled.



It's even pretty shaken up. Such a lovely pale pink. The dill and red wine vinegar give it just the right touch.





Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

1 comment:

  1. this is right up my alley. and i like to make my own dressings alot. usually when i'm throwing together a salad last minute, and i want a special vinagraite, cuz i usually have most of the ingredients. this one looks fab! both jeremy and i like dill, and i have some fresh dill leftover from last week. i'm gonna give it a GO! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips