Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ikea Swedish Meatballs Gravy Recipe {low-fat version}

ikea swedish meatballs gravy low fat recipe
A few days ago at dinner time, I found myself with 1/4 bag of frozen Ikea Swedish Meatballs, but no gravy mix. Gasp!

Not wanting to eat them dry, or drive the 45 minutes to Ikea just for gravy, I crossed my fingers and googled "Ikea Swedish Meatballs Gravy Recipe". And BAM! Like magic, it was there.

All I needed to do was use an online tool to convert ml to cups, substitute milk for cream, and test out my newly adapted recipe.

As I shared on Instagram, this swedish meatballs gravy recipe was a total hit! And it's healthier than the original by subbing milk for cream, and tastes like the real thing. No more gravy packets needed!

Here is the deliciousness, that is Ikea swedish meatballs gravy:
(sorry, not ambitious enough to make the meatballs myself. yet.)

Ikea Swedish Meatballs Gravy Recipe

*low-fat version adapted from the official Ikea Cookbook

Ingredients:
1/2 c milk (substituted instead of cream)
1 c beef broth
2 tsp soy sauce
1-1/2 Tbsp flour

Directions:
Heat broth & soy sauce in saucepan on the stove. Dissolve the flour in milk. Add milk/flour mixture to broth mixture. Bring to a boil & thicken. Simmer about a minute. Salt & pepper as needed. Serve with Swedish Meatballs and rice, boiled or mashed potatoes.

*This may be my new go-to for quick, delicious gravy for any meal!



Linked to:

party

SUBSCRIBE (never miss a post!): Subscribe to ShannonSews
BLOGLOVIN: ShannonSews on Bloglovin
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
TWITTER: @ShannonSews1
INSTAGRAM: ShannonSorensenDesigns on Instagram
SHOP: Shannon Sorensen Designs + Fairface Washcloths
YOUTUBE: youtube.com/ShannonSews

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love the IKEA Swedish meatballs! Thanks for posting the gravy recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Maria! I've made it several times just for mashed potatoes...but I must say, it's still the best when paired with those delicious swedish meatballs!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips