Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sleepless Summer

{image}
A word for the wise: Don't mess with a woman's sleep.

We've had some major noise issues this summer that have left us with many restless and sleepless nights. I'm not talking about the screaming kids over the fence, I can deal with that. I'm talking about the kind of noise you can feel, whether during the light of day or quiet hours of night.

It all started the evening of the last day of school, June 19th. After a full day of fun with our after-school program, I was ready for a good night sleep.

Somewhere around 10pm: Enter: drilling, large truck rumbling & generator noise. Try to sleep through that in your backyard. It lasted for 3 long nights. I called the city and they basically said, "We're sorry. There's nothing we can do." blah blah blah. I bet you'd do something about it if it were in your backyard, sir.

After those nights, it's basically been a series of unfortunate events, whether it's construction or the tenant below us, one right after the other, that brings us to present day. And still not sleeping. Most recently? Up til 3am because of the noise. I think it's my record.

Every day noise surrounds us. We have construction zones on all sides of our apartment. Remodeling going on in our complex. Leaf blowers, tree trimmers and power washers in our parking lot.

And during the night we have distant sounds and rumblings from road work, or most recently the *tenant below us.
*If I may indulge, since I'm on a rampage anyway: The woman in the unit below us has been running a big old fan all night long, which makes our whole bedroom rumble and vibrate. You can even feel it in your ears. I've been on the verge of going serious bathrobe-curler-postal on her. Luckily our landlord is going to try to take care of that.

I never realized the impact noise has on my sense of peace. Now you can see why I've lost my mojo a bit & escaped to the country last week for some much needed R&R! hahaha

Sleep soundly for me tonight! ♥
And if you're still reading, thanks for letting me vent. :)



Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

2 comments:

  1. SHANNON!!!! this sounds even worse than utah basement living!!!! are you thinking about moving? switching things up a bit with a fresh (QUIET) start???

    ugh. this sounds absolutely awful!! you may need to go spend the rest of the month at the ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i was cracking up at your comment "i'll give pearce my appetite!" hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips