Monday, April 23, 2012

From Winter to Spring

With the Seattle sunshine showing itself a little more often these days (knock on wood), it looks like it's about time to put away all the winter clothes...(wow, I have a lot of black)



and pull out the bright colors of spring.


I don't know why it always seems to surprise me when I pull out my spring/summer clothes and think, "This is all I have?", or, "Oh, you again?" The reunion wasn't all that exciting. I really do need some new spring and summer clothes.

The idealist in me thinks, I'll just make all my new clothes! And the realist in me says, Grab your Macy's coupons and get a move on or you'll never have anything to wear. 

Speaking of needing to get a move on, hu hum, I'm still working on getting the breezy skirts and tops sewn for spring and summer with my fun new fabrics.

Here are a few designs from Anthropologie that I like...






We'll see what I come up with. And for my sake, I hope it's sooner than later!


Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

3 comments:

  1. you have such a good eye for pretty structured blouses (and skirts) from Anthro. I sometimes get overwhelmed in that store (in the clothes section) b/c there are TOO many choices, and i usually stick to the home section and dishes. i love each and every one of these anthro pieces you are showing here, and i cannot wait to see what you fashion after them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah Anthropology, I came across the store when visiting my little girl in CA a few years ago. Luckily we've got outlets in the UK now. One of my favourite shops .... just wished they had a cafe attached ... where i could regain the strength needing for another hour or two browsing ... trying on ... deciding ...
    Particularly like the skirt you showed
    Mecki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mecki!
      I'm such a sucker for Anthropologie. Great idea for a cafe! I could literally spend hours there, so it makes perfect sense! :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips