Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fabric Cutting Table: what do you use?

Forever and a day I've needed a table to cut my fabric on.

I've cut fabric sprawled out on the floor.
Hunched over the coffee table.
Down on my knees on the kitchen linoleum.
Knee high to a tv tray.
You name it, I've probably cut fabric on it.

Well, last night as I was cutting out terrycloth and flannel to make an order of washcloths, I reached my limit. Trying to cut out precise squares on anything other than a reasonably sized table is more of a chore than it ought to be. So I said out loud for the umpteenth time, "I really need a table to cut my fabric on!" (and yes, you could probably hear the exclamation point).

My husband, eager to please his woman in distress, jumped on the computer and announced that he'd found something on slickdeals. It was a camping table. "Uh, honey, I sew. I don't camp." 
I had my doubts.

It turns out, this Coleman camping table was on clearance (to my husband's delight) from $50 down to $11. It was 32" x 48", fold-able and light weight for easy storage, and had an adjustable height to 27" high. I'm short, so it just might work. So my prince-to-the-rescue ran off to Home Depot in the snow to get my cutting table.









I cut out a few more pieces of fabric using my new table and it wasn't too shabby. It's a little manly looking but was everything the package said it would be. Except, of course, for the fact that it will never see a campground. Welcome to my world.

*If you're interested in finding this deal (whether for camping or sewing), I've included it here, for as long as it lasts.

Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

3 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips