Sunday, January 22, 2012

Ink blot-t-shirt making: Layering color

A few days ago I summed up the ink blot t-shirts I've created so far.  But as I hung them one-by-one in my closet, I had a nagging feeling. I wasn't totally satisfied.

Like ice cream without the topping. Pizza without the rootbeer.

So I pulled out my fabric paints again. I had to get it right before I could say finito. It would end up being triple layer ink blot designs. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.



Enter: senior froggy shirt. Call me girly, but I don't want to wear a shirt that looks like an amphibian. There. I said it.









Round 1: where it all began

Round 2: make less frog-like. Add more paint blobs.



Round 3: Take out the frog. It was better, but its beady little eyes were still staring at me. Add a little more paint.


Much better.
Now I see birds.
I can live with birds.




INK BLOT TRIPLE PLAY #2
Enter: Space Invader; a.k.a paint spatter
I thought I'd fixed this one in my last ink blot post, but alas, you can't deny nagging doubt.










Round 1: spatter creation

Round 2: adding turquoise


Great addition, but not quite there.
Something whispered "pink".

Round 3: adding pink. The finishing touch.

I see feathers, hearts, flowers, maybe even a bird or two. I like this even better. Thank you pink.





The closet is ready for you now.

*Stay tuned for some exciting new projects with ink-blot-designs AND an upcoming give-away! Gotta share the love!

Never miss a post! Subscribe to ShannonSews
Like on facebook.com/SSorensenDesigns
Follow @ShannonSews1 on Twitter
Subscribe to youtube.com/ShannonSews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thanks so much for your comments! ♥

Blogging tips